The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust will lead the way in uniting public and private interests in pursuit of mutually supportive cultural and economic development objectives, with emphasis on the creation and fostering of a downtown Cultural District serving the Pittsburgh region, and on providing a home for a broad range of regional performance groups as well as its resident companies. To carry out this mission, the Trust is committed to the following goals:
- Balanced programming that leads, follows and develops audiences
- Increased public support for the Trust’s full role in the ongoing transformation of the District
- Cultivating the District as a neighborhood destination
- Demonstrating commitment to diversity and inclusion in all undertakings
- Continued commitment to a balanced operating budget
The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust has transformed a downtrodden section of Downtown into a world-class Cultural District that stands as a national model of urban revitalization through the arts. The best of touring Broadway, contemporary dance, family events and cutting-edge visual arts are among the variety of arts and entertainment the Trust presents and exhibits. Hundreds of artists, thousands of students, and millions of people expand their horizons in our theaters, galleries, and public art environments.